06 March, 2011

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life... and I'm feelin' good. (12 weeks)

Firstly - LOVE that song.  I might start initiating soundtracks to listen to for each new blog... here is this week's:
Feeling Good - Nina Simone

ANYWAY!

It's so true.  I'm feeling good.  This whole transition to the second trimester is the best thing ever.  I've got one more week to go until I'm officially there (in pregnancy math 3 months = 13 weeks), but I'm already beginning to reap the benefits.  I don't throw up anymore.  I do still get slightly nauseous every now and then, but it's so light it's almost comical (you think that's gonna stop me, stomach?  HA!).  I'm still gassy but nowhere near as bilious as before (see fig. 1 below).  And I can even sleep the whole night through without waking up to pee!  It's like my body is finally catching up to itself and it's a beautiful feeling.  I feel like I can really start to concentrate on the joy of it all, rather than just focusing on getting through it.  For a while it was really disheartening, and everyone and every book saying "it will go away" didn't make it any easier.  But it IS going way, and it is a welcome change.

Fig. 1:  BEFORE
Fig. 2:  AFTER



That's not to say that everything has gone away entirely.  There are even some new ones that are only just cropping up (who knew that pregnancy could cause a stuffy nose?!  so strange).  So there are plenty of signs to remind me that there's something growing inside me.  The difference is that it now feels more like a magical miracle and less like a pesky parasite.

Still can't really picture it though.  To say that I'm excited for the scan on Wednesday is perhaps the biggest understatement of the year.  I'm like this now:


Fig. 3: CURRENT STATUS
I really can't wait.  It's a shame I also know that they are going to draw blood... which I'm not looking forward to.  I can't decide whether to ask them to do it first, so that the scan overrides the nastiness, or after so I can be fully good-feeling for the scan.  Probably don't really have a choice anyway - I'll just do what they tell me.  But either way, next week will bring not just the weekly bump update, but the bump interior design as well.

Birds flying high, you know how I feel.  Sun in the sky, you know how I feel.  Breeze drifting on by, you know how I feel.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me... and I'm feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment