30 January, 2011

The Journey Begins (7 weeks)

So I've decided to start blogging.  I know I'm not the first person in the world to get pregnant, nor am I likely to have a particularly interesting pregnancy.  But I've never done this before - and therefore it is inherently unique and exciting to me!  

I know when Jaimie was pregnant with Dakota (and now, when she's pregnant with ??) I felt like I was missing out on a part of a journey.  It's hard being so far away and not sharing things on a regular basis.  I can already tell that it's going to be the same in reverse.  I feel like this is such an exciting adventure, and one that I would love to share with the people I care about.  But because so many of the people I care about are not in the same place I am, I've brought the adventure to them.  

So this is partly for all of you, so you know what's going on and join me on the journey.  But it's also for me.  Just writing makes me feel more connected.  The conversation may often be a bit one-sided, and it's certainly bound to be self-indulgent.  But it's out there.  It's openly sharing myself and my journey with the people I love.  And that can't be all that bad :)

6 comments:

  1. Gramma & Grampa McQuigg31 January 2011 at 16:26

    Cori What a great idea. Gramma & I will be Your biggest reader and FAN. We'll look forward to each new entry. Love Gramma & Grampa

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are SOOOO excited for you and James! And can't wait to hear ALL about every little wiggle you have!!! We are so excited that we'll see you this summer in Myrtle Beach!!!
    Love! monique and david

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Idea! Perfect who those of us who love to stalk people virtually! And plus I have a million questions that have already been answered by reading your bump updates.

    So excited for you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love it!! Cannot wait for updated! THanks for the pictures too... though in person would be way better.
    Random question... what is your favorite animal?
    I haven't told my mom yet, but I am sure you will be able to hear her scream in excitement when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was glad to see you embracing your pre-pregnancy pooch, and later I will be glad to welcome you into the club of Post-Pregnancy Pooch Embracers. Also known as the Pee Pee Pee Club....So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is a fabulous idea! Makes it a little easier to be so far away. Looking forward to reading your experiences...and you will be glad to have the record later. I may have to join in on the blogging about the adventures of parenting :).

    ReplyDelete