10 April, 2011

Four month progression (17 weeks)

Thought I'd drop by at the normal Sunday time for a quick update to Wednesday's blog...

Basically, today was judgement day for my closet.  I pulled out every single pair of trousers that I own and went through them.  They were sorted into three piles:  

Not a Chance.
Still (Barely) Buttoning!
Rubber-Band-Able...

Unfortunately the first pile was pretty thin on the ground (2 old pairs from years ago when I was a few sizes bigger, and 1 drawstring pair I paint in).  Thing is, I have to perform at work for the whole of this week.  When we perform, we have to be in black trousers.  How many from category 1 and 2 were black you ask?  NONE.  So I had to give in.  Today, I bought maternity trousers.  The trying on process was tedious - some of those things are made to fit absurdly shaped women!  And because I have no idea how these things are sized, I had piles to try on (turns out you just go for your normal size!  Who knew!) .  Luckily I did find a black pair that fit, and was amazed at what a difference it made - I didn't even realise how nice it was simply to shift the top edge to below my belly.  No digging, no red marks on my belly, no struggle to keep it closed... genius.  And, because I'm no longer tightly cutting off my bump midway, it actually looks round and bumpish.  I'm sold.  Unfortunately, I'm going to try and keep in as much of my normal clothes as I can for now (prego pants are expensive!) but I'm definitely more ok with the idea than I was before. 

Seeing as Wednesday I mentioned my shock at this development, and today again I was aghast at what doesn't fit, I decided to go back to my older pictures that I keeping adding to but haven't really looked back at... and suddenly it all makes sense!  Here's the monthly progression (by four week months, not weird-math-preg-months) in one handy location...


No comments:

Post a Comment