01 May, 2011

Half way! (20 weeks)

So I've now reached the 20 week mark which is officially halfway!  As always, it feels equally like it went really quickly and took a seriously long time.  But it's at least good to have a hilltop to pass over and begin seeing the finish line that little bit closer.

A bit anti-climatic to the epicness of halfway, however, in that I haven't got anything really exciting to share... it's all a bit same ole' same ole' this week.  The only real new thing is that I officially can't sleep on my stomach anymore, which has made me more than a bit grumpy of an evening.  It's not that I can't really per say - but the baby kicks so hard when I'm on my stomach that I can't sleep and eventually give up and roll to my side.  I'm sure there's no way it's actually hurting them or anything - it's more like they have a very definite place that they like to hang out, and me pushing my stomach into a different shape is not acceptable.  I'm trying a compromise tonight though - I'm going to rig up a little nest of pillows so I can still be on my stomach, but without the pressure which is so obviously disliked.  We'll see.  I hate sleeping on my side.


Trafalgar Square, sitting (thankfully!) on the corner of the fountain
In other news, it was the Royal Wedding on Friday!  Woo!  We went down with a couple friends to have a look and participate in the excitement and atmosphere of it all.  It was really entertaining and we were really lucky in where we got to watch from.  Didn't see the actual carriages go by, but that was a decision we made - you could either wait for hours to watch the carriages go by, but not see anything else or you could go to where they put the screens up to watch it live and see everything as it happened, but not the carriages... we went for the live broadcast in Trafalgar Square.

The baby's favourite Royal guest...

It really was great fun.  To get a feel for the vibe, here's a short news piece about where we were: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13238546 But if you want to see some actual pictures from the day, I've put some up on my facebook page.  You don't need to have a facebook account, just follow this link: Royal Wedding Picture Album .  All very entertaining and exciting.  The baby seemed to like it as well, and gave me a great big kick just as Prince William appeared...

Probably shouldn't read too much into it though, as they were even more excited and kicky for the King of Tonga...



The only other big news is that I got my hair cut!  It's not too noticeably drastic in pictures but it's a good 8 inches shorter than it was... so a bit scary.   Part of the reason that it doesn't look so drastic though is because it was obscenely long to start with!  Way way way too long.  So 8 inches off took it to just below my shoulders, which is good.  The thing that IS drastic though is that I decided to splash out for highlights... and said the words "I don't quite know what I want - you're the expert, so I'll go with what you think is best."  Maybe should have had a bit more input... I'm not quite sold on the result, but it's growing on me a bit.  They are really a quite bright copper colour, and stand out a bit dramatically.  I think I was imagining something a bit more subtle... but the colourist was in love with how they turned out, so maybe I just need to embrace a new funkier side.  Anyway, I will leave you tonight with a picture that does two things.  First, it is a picture that nicely shows my new hair.  Secondly, it proves that I'm not nearly as huge as I look in the picture taken at the Royal Wedding (which was two days before this one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment